Birds on Things

I take pretty much the same walk every day, but every day the walk is different. Cars move. Signs are put up. Graffiti appears and then it is washed away. I see the man with the pug. I hear the two women talking in accented English. I see new blossoms, new landscaping, new construction, new destruction. Or I don't. Repetition and revision. Jazz every day.




Seen May 10, 2012 on Menlo Place, Berkeley, California. 




The title for this post is a reference to the Portlandia sketch, "Put a Bird on It."

Comments

Thanks for the much needed laugh today. I saw that Portlandia sketch a while back, and have never been able to look at Etsy quite the same way ever again. Hilarious pigeon sign too. I've been thinking of getting a more portable camera (I only have a DSLR and no smart phone) so I can take snaps of minutiae during my day. This is great encouragement to finally do it.
lotta said…
great way to start the day. thank you.
Christine said…
I've seen this sketch and it's one of my all time favorites.