1. Start with a square piece of paper. If it has a decorative side, arrange it decorative side down. Fold the paper in half, wrong sides together. Open.
2. Make another fold crosswise. Open.
3. Turn the paper over so the right side is up. Fold in half diagonally one way. Open. then the other. Open.
6. Fold the remaining three points across to corresponding folded lines.
7. Fold all the points back in to the center.
11. Repeat the pinching in, folding up, wrapping and tucking down for the fourth wall (photos 9 & 10).
Addendum 12/5/10: To make a box lid, use paper 1/4" larger than your original paper. For this example, use paper 7 1/2" for the lid.