Two More Friendly Writing Workshops at SFCB!

I taught my first "Friendly Writing for the Visual Thinker" workshop of the year at the San Francisco Center for the Book in January. The first two hours I gave basic bookbinding instruction and we made the Zen or Grunge Notebook. After a few exercises, we took a lunch break, then came back to more writing explorations. I hope everyone was happy. Having been in many writing classes I know that what I write surrounded by people is not going to be my best if I know I will have to make it public immediately. From the beginning I made it clear that the workshop was for them, and I would not and did not ask anyone to read what they had written. Our conversations were about ideas and creative  process.

The Center has put me on the schedule for two more Sundays, one in May, the other in August. Each will have a different binding and different focus and friendly writing explorations. Beginners warmly welcome! $130.00 (materials included). Registration is open now and available through SFCB. Please note that these are the final two workshops I will be teaching for 2018.




Sunday, May 20, 2018, 10am to 4pm. Friendly Writing for the Visual Thinker: Words as Colors.



Sunday, August 26, 2018, 10am to 4pm. Friendly Writing for the Visual Thinker: Words as Objects.

Comments

Deborah said…
I took your class at SFCB and it was GREAT....I did some good writing and made a beautiful book, very warm and relaxed atmosphere...loved it
Dsf
Alisa said…
Deborah,
Thanks so much!! I'm so glad you came and had a good experience. It was wonderful to meet you.
-Alisa