Spell Songs Performance Online Tuesday!

Last September I wrote a post about The Lost Words by Robert Macfarlane, a beautiful nature book of poetry, breathtakingly illustrated by Jackie Morris. A reader told me about a performance she had seen "with musicians…readings, live painting on stage! and all manner of good stuff." It sounded wonderful, and I'm happy to share that this coming Tuesday at 20.00 British time the performance goes live, again, this time online at this YouTube link. For the first showing of urban nature artwork sent in by fans (yes, me too), start at 19:55. (11:55 am in California PDT, if I've got the math right). Addendum 4.28.21: The link will remain active until the end of May 2021. Also, if you can only watch a little of it, in the second half, watching Jackie Morris paint the animals and recite Robert Macfarlane's poems about Otter and Fox, is entrancing.

For a warm-up that always warms me up, you might first listen/watch The Lost Words Blessing. Background is here.

"…let the raven call you home" (from The Lost Words Blessing)


Raven in Richmond, CA; photo by Alisa, April 21, 2021.

Comments