Stories & Poems: "No Wrong Roads to Anywhere"

I always feel like Milo in the Phantom Tollbooth: when I'm making objects I think I should be writing, and when I am writing I think I should be making something. So I tend to send out stories and poems in spurts, which also makes acceptances (and rejections) erratic. Here are links to recent published work, starting backwards from today, when four of my stories were just published in FRiGG magazine. I keep a current list on my website, here, if you want to see back even further. I like the short forms, so the pieces are, well, short.


FRiGG: Spring/Summer 2022, Issue #59; "Common Language" & "Sunprints" & "Clown Nose" & "Other Weddings" (My comments about each story are also included.)

Eunoia Review: February 15, 16, 2022; "Deed of Ownership" and "One Crow Comforts Me" (This site posts daily)

One Sentence Poems: February 7, 2022; "Don't Say This Conversation Is Not Impossible"

Gone Lawn: January 31, 2022, Issue 43; "The Ancestor Plant"

Nanoism: #937; January 6, 2022; "The child said" (This site has weekly stories of 144 characters or fewer.)

Unbroken Journal: January 4, 2022; Issue #32; "Everyone Is Named Patience These Days"

Briefly Write: December 29, 2021; Issue #7, Climate Emergency Issue; "Re: Action"

Blink-Ink: December 2021; Issue #46, Moonlight; "Feminism and the Moon" (Only available in printed zine form, but this was a nice issue filled with great 50-word stories by a variety of writers on the theme of "Moonlight.")

Nanoism: #926; August 25, 2021; "Every time we meet" (This site has weekly stories of 144 characters or fewer.)


*

Quote from the Whether Man in The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster: "…it must be the right road to somewhere else, because there are no wrong roads to anywhere" (pp. 18-19).

"When he was in school he longed to be out, and when he was out he longed to be in" (p. 9).

Comments