Printed & Stitched Art Ark Gallery Photos

I took two friends on a field trip to the Art Ark Gallery in San Jose, California last Sunday to see the Printed & Stitched show in person. It's an inspirational show, I think, with so many layers and stitches and materials. Just the kind of show I like, that makes me want to keep making things. Kudos to the California Society of Printmakers and Studio Art Quilt Associates volunteers for making this happen! Here are some installation photos. A slide show of details of the works, and dates of the show and hours of the gallery are in my previous post.

As you walk in:


View from the side and back of the gallery (yes, there is my quilt hanging on the right)


There were some very nice groupings, sensitively curated, I thought.


And many dramatic and exquisite pieces.  A few highlights (artists' websites at the links):

Storyline 

Marking Time 104
a beautiful little miniature, stitched on a dyed teabag by the juror

We Were Here Book 2
polymer plates, carved linoleum, collage, drawing

Farm Wife
Deborah Rantz
paper, ink, embroidery floss

Tree Crosscut #3 Round
Lori Wisheropp
acrylic paint, pastels, colored pencils, black felt, quilt thread, mounting board


Ragamuffin Series: Vortex Suite
acrylic paint, textured plexiglass plates, various tools for patterning paint for printing, Thai silk, pearl cotton thread, C-Lon thread, Fiberfil, cotton batting, seed beads, vintage tin baking pan

That's just a taste. The two organizations were a definitely a good match, the artists nicely overlapping and understanding the concepts of layers and depth, color and texture. The skill and craft and creative level just what one would hope for. My passengers and I were very glad to have made the trip.




Comments