Colorful Variety of Wool Roving for Sale at nevermindtheart

It must have been twenty years ago when my sister-in-law, who raises sheep for wool, introduced me to felting. She was sure I would find a use for it, and I did. I made felted books for several years. I was asked to write an article about it for the International Feltmakers Association, which was published in 2021 in their journal, Felt Matters, which has images of some of the works; you can see and read it here.

But my process began taking a turn as I began making art quilts. I've kept the beautiful New Zealand Romney and the Merino wool for years, thinking I would go back to it; the colors are so rich and lovely. I spent a long time building up the palette, the collection of colors, but so it goes. It's time for it to have a new home where it can be appreciated and used.

I've put two unique, personal stashes of wool roving up on Etsy at nevermindtheart (there are some new enchanted eggs up now, too) There are three pounds (pounds! usually comes in 1-4 ounces at a time) of New Zealand Romney and two pounds of soft and silky, more refined Merino wool roving. The New Zealand Romney is wonderful for wet felting; it is a little bit coarse and sometimes have to pick specks of plant material out of it. The Merino wool is sleek and refined, great for needlefelting. But both can be handled however you like. The listings are at the links. I've weighed each color and the color info is at the listing as well as the weight.

New Zealand Romney wool roving (48 ounces)
details
details

Merino Wool (32 ounces)

note the variegated one in autumn colors

Getting ready to felt?




Comments