Quilt for the Bed: Landings

This quilt is a biggie. I actually finished it in July, and it is a quilt for what we refer to now as the "guest bedroom." The queen-sized quilt has the theme of airplanes and airports. The center strip is hand-dyed black velvet to evoke a runway. The rest of the quilt is also hand dyed and letterpress printed from wood type (airport codes) and linocuts, both on my cotton and on the Japanese woven cotton I like. Hand quilted with cotton thread while listening to humor/story podcasts: Working It Out with Mike Birbiglia, Ira Glass's This American Life, and Funny Cuz It's True with Elyse Myers. My wanderer likes planes, so that's who it's really for.


(I made that cat in the early 1990s, I think.) Whew! I will not be making a quilt this big again for a loooooong time.

Comments