Art Quilt: Heartstrings

I'm still obsessed with circles, but I had a wholehearted idea for some half hearts. My sweetie was in Covid isolation, and I still had leftover printed pieces from the Home More or Less quilt, so it all seemed to fit together.

Heartstrings
8.25"w x 37.25" (21 cm x 94.5 cm)
Letterpress printed from wood type on cotton; found cotton; Japanese printed cotton; cotton thread; free-motion and hand quilting

Some found cloth for the red hearts and backgrounds and strips of Japanese feather-print cloth for the binding. The found red cloth looked a bit feathery as well.

Free-motion strings of hearts in variegated black and white for the quilting as well as hand-stitched half hearts  in black, white, and light metallic gold hand stitching.



The music running through my head throughout the making of this art quilt was Lene Lovich's song from her 1978 Stateless album,  "Home." you can see her sing it in a video here.


Comments