Art Quilt: Girl with Stars

This little project leapfrogged over the two sea star quilts I am working on, but it does contain the cutout portions from the reverse appliqué of stars on one of the quilts. I have been wanting to try a certain kind of stitching, which reminds me of rain, and so I drew a figure to go in the rain. Except the little quilt took its own turn, and the leftover stars called, so I had to answer. That particular stitching will have to wait: it is the endless seed of ideas. The project has to go where the project wants to go. The title is a descriptor only; the imagination and meaning is left to the viewer.


Girl with Stars
13.75"w x 20.75"h (34.5 cm x 52.5 cm)
Hand-dyed and painted cotton; commerically printed cotton; stenciled; appliquéed; machine and hand quilted

Detail:


Back:


The first drafts of the drawing that became the stencil:


The sea star quilts are still in progress.






Comments