A Small Quilt for the SAQA Trunk Show: Caught

Fences keeping people out or in, decorative or hostile. So many choices. Does behavior lead to placing one kind or the other along a line? Or does the type of fence tell us how to act or respond? Driving fast down I-5 once catches a glimpse of fences. On one I saw something caught in the barbed wire, likely a black plastic bag, but just as easily an article of clothing, attempting a crossing. Now, it is tangled until it disintegrates or the wind steals its fragments away.

A call went out for quilts 10" x 7" to be included in the SAQA Trunk Show. The little unjuried quilts will travel for three years as teaching devices and inspiration and outreach, then they can be sold. They will also be featured online (I will post the link when it is available.) My quilt is inspired by this recent trip down Interstate 5.

Caught
10"h x 7"w (25.4 cm x 17.8 cm)
Hand-dyed velvet; linen; letterpress printing from wood type on Japanese cotton; raw-edge applique; couching; free-motion and machine quilting; machine pieced and joined

Detail:






Comments