Hear Alisa Read in the Video: Birds of the Bible: Raven

The California Society of Printmakers' 106th Exhibition, which was postponed due to the pandemic, begins on November 15, and is open on certain weekend days through December 5, 2020 at Piedmont Center for the Arts. (Optional appointments are available with masks and a maximum of ten people at once: see the previous PCA link for 30-minute time-slots and instructions on hours and/or how to reserve a time.) 

The members were also asked to create a video to accompany our pieces, five minutes or less. I thought this would be a good time to learn iMovie (thank you iMovie tutorial!), which I was able to do by first watching the tutorial with no sound, then watching with sound, then consulting as needed. It really helped me to break it down that way and dip my mind in gradually.

The result is a reading and viewing for my CSP entry, Birds of the Bible: Raven. If you are interested, you can read more about the book in this 2019 post. Last August, 2019 seems so far away. Book art has always been hard to show, and it's even trickier now that you cannot handle the work.

Here is the video, new for 2020. You can see all the pages, and listen as I read all the words; there are a few process pictures at the end, and a few little surprises. I hope you enjoy it!


Here is the direct link. More info there. Feel free to share!

Comments